Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflective Post

As a future educator, there are many different tools and resources I must master in to be able to give my students all that I can. Since our society is constantly changing with new technologies and areas of interest, teachers must mold their lessons and outlets of teaching with these technologies- as most students are exposed to these technologies and quickly learn to function with them. This course has given me the opportunity to understand these new technology trends and issues, how to design my lessons and use curriculum with technology, the use of educational websites and apps, how to communicate and collaborate with social media, and most importantly, how to integrate technology and creating change as teacher leaders.
What I most appreciated about this course was the hands-on activities that I have already noticed benefiting me in the technology world. As a student, I have been able to enhance the way I communicate via technology. As a future teacher, I cant imagine all that I have at my fingertips now in order to relate, collaborate, illustrate and portray to my students. In this course, I have created my first lesson plan,teacher webpage ,web-quest and wiki- all in the potential hopes of grasping the knowledge of how to use these tools in my own class as the goals of my lessons. I now feel comfortable and as if I have mastered these technology concepts by how I was able to evaluate and critic a website through the courses activity "website review"
In an online course, it can be very easy to become frustrated and confused when trying to grasp new technology without a teacher and classmates around you to aid. However, being this course was based in an on-line classroom, I do not feel as if this has impacted my success in the course at all. Though I believe it would have been beneficial to see an instructor show me the steps in using the technology as I was using them, the learning modules were very clear and helpful throughout all of my questions. I feel this relates solely back to the instructor. Since the instructors knowledge of technology in a technology based course is crucial, and the patience and the availability to communicate and understand set the tone of the class. For that, I thank you. I surely could not have completed this course without you!
I cant begin to explain all that I will take from this course or how much it has benefited me as an individual. One thing that I know, however, is my new appreciative perspective of the teaching career and the impact we have on those placed in our classrooms. In this post I included a picture of my favorite quote from the movie "Dead Poet's Society". I believe this quote illustrates my desire for becoming an English literature educator and I can only hope and prepare for my first day of teaching to be filled with the knowledge and skill I need to give my students the best experience in our world today.


No comments:

Post a Comment