Sunday, February 7, 2016

Digital Blog Post B

Reading throughout chapter 2, there are many concepts discussed to better help students understand educational technology issues and trends. As a potential English Literature teacher, I learned about a poetry app that would be perfect for my high school English classroom that would both engage my students and aid in my lessons. In today's era, apps help students and teachers be readily connected to sources on specific topics when questions or curiosities arise. If I were to request my students to find a poem that hits home to them on a variety of emotions, this app may make the difference on their search.
I also found interesting reading about how teachers are responding to innovation and change, I would describe myself as an early adopter in relation to other teachers on a technology innovation use scale. I think the difference between the teachers who readily embrace the new era of technology in their classrooms compared to those who are lagging and resisting change is solely due to how they were brought up and the way their foundation of their teaching was formed. Lastly, I enjoyed reading about the critics of technology in schools. With schools holding a strong reputation of not been using much technology and working just fine, there are many skeptics and those who do not believe it will impact much of the school day. I thought this was an interesting outlook as to how there are so many of us who push technology in the school system compared to those who do not. For example, with the critics who believe that the role technology places in student's lives has a negative effect as to them not having as much time reading and doing "school activities", I believe this idea can be challenged by working around the skeptical viewpoint and actually integrating technology into the student's readings. Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc. Coleman, M (2016, February 7) Responding to Innovation and Change, Rogers Innovation Curve. Created with https://bubbl.us/mindmap

No comments:

Post a Comment